Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Welcome! The Who, The What and The Why

    Salutations from the Cunning Linguist blog! I'd like to start off with some introductions, and to flesh out what to expect from this here weblog. A wee bit o' background first, though, for purposes of understanding. I have lofty ambitions of becoming a standup comedian, and I've been working on jokes with which I'm not particularly satisfied. As I started to gather ideas to write about, many of my what I wanted to be jokes turned into something more akin to rants lashing out at the avalanche of stupid I deal with daily. Not necessarily funny, but often quirky, as well as  harsh and critical. And so I settled on the blog, to get out my disgruntled opinions on the things in my daily life and society around me. My goal here in That Cunning Linguist is to get my points across as clearly as possible, with less focus on the funny and more focus on lucidity and the crafty making of my point.
    Back to the introductions, now that you know what I'm doing. I think a bit of history can help shape your perspective of me. I'm a twenty-two year old honkey raised in Rochester, New York. I was actually born in Albuquerque,  NM, which gains some noteriety as being en route to all of Bugs Bunny's travels. I only lived there for six unrememberable months, though, in my infancy before moving to Western New York. I'm an Eagle Scout from BSA troop 31, International Baccalaureate (sounds cooler than it is) graduate from Wilson Magnet HS, former FIRST robotics team member on Team 191 The X-Cats (racy, ain't it?), and I was in my drama club, DVC in high school. I was raised in reform Judaism at Temple Brith Kodesh, but I'm not particularly observant anymore. I've been married to my wife Mia for two years, and we're currently saving up some cheddar to make the move westward to the City of Angels, where I will chase the comedy dragon, and she will be writing.
    Now, allow me to wrap it up by way of telling you what to expect from 'That Cunning Linguist.' I will soon be delving deep into the myriad problems that thrive in this great country of America. I love my native country, but I am certainly not of the delusion that the nation is flawless.   I will be tackling a plethora of irritants, the mundane, the gravely serious, the controversial and the abstract. Also, fair warning, I'm sure I will come across inflammatory, incendiary and downright annoying to certain people. However, I do try to examine all sides of an issue and opt for whichever seems more beneficial to most, and I always explain why. Therefore I believe I will recieve the most opposition from only those with closed minds. I welcome controversy and I will eagerly engage in rational debate with anyone who opposes my views. I am not above changing my opinion to accomodate a more correct one, and I expect nothing less from my readers (boy am I in for some disappointment!). I'm looking forward to reaching out to readers to share opinions and ideas. I guess, moving forward, th one thing I want my readers to do above all, is to THINK FOR YOUSELF and to QUESTION EVERYTHING (more to come on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment